Monday 2 June 2008

Pixie patch's clay world.



Hi, I'm Danielle an artist and I Live in Kent, England.
I love everything to do with elves and I sculpt polymer clay Ooak baby Elves and mythological creatures. I also enjoy drawing, doll making and painting.
I am improving and learning new techniques all of the time, I also like to use other mediums such as papier mache and fabric.

These type of polymer clay sculpts are generally known as Ooaks (one of a kind). My elves are made using no moulds at any stage of their creation and no moulds are ever taken from them, so they remain totally unique. I make each one with a lot of love and care and each one has, in my mind it's own little personality, they seem to sculpt their own little expressions. Luckily I also do a lot of gardening so have seen a fair few garden elves hiding around the place to give me inspiration. I love all faeries, elves, imps, sprites, goblins, pixies etc so bringing these little creatures to life is something I really love. I mainly only sculpt at weekends when I have the most time and sometimes in the evening, but I have the most inspiration waking up knowing I have a weekend ahead of me! Sometimes I might sculpt one or two a day other times I don't manage to make one for a week or more. There's usually something new to see on my Ebay page. I list most of my items on Ebay but they are also availiable elsewhere but still each is unique.

No comments: